With more than 40 years of experience, Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research is one of the premier wildlife rehabilitation centers in the United States. Operating under federal and state permits, the clinic staff and volunteers provide expert medical care, housing, and diets to injured, orphaned, and oiled native wild birds.
The wild bird clinic is open 365 days a year to treat native birds that are often victims of cat attacks, habitat destruction, vehicular strikes, lead or pesticide poisoning, and entanglement in improperly discarded fishing line or other litter.
Proper husbandry procedures vary widely not only by species, but even by age within the same species. Tri-State is equipped to care for each patient with:
- Specialized diets
- Species-appropriate housing
- Natural ambient sounds
- Temperature control
- Habitat enrichment
Many causes of injury to wildlife are preventable. Click here to learn more about steps you can take to make your home or property safer for native wildlife.
The wild bird clinic by the numbers:
- Nearly 3,000 patients admitted a year
- Over 300 of those patients are birds of prey
- Over 150 native species treated
- 30 years of teaching the future of rehabilitation through internships
- 17 years of presenting An Introduction to Wildlife Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine
- Over 24,000 donated hours from our dedicated volunteers each year