Open House on Sunday, May 1st, 2022!
Dear friends of Tri-State,
Our annual Open House has been a tradition for decades. Every year, we invite the communities we serve to learn more about wildlife rehabilitation, reducing wildlife injuries, and helping our wild neighbors. This year our Open House will be in-person! Indoor tours will be limited and masks are required for all indoor activities.
Free to attend – donations of rolls of white toilet paper for baby bird care are appreciated!
KIDS – our Teddy Bear clinic will be open – bring your favorite stuffed animal for a health exam!
SPECIAL GUEST!!! Meet and greet CBS3’s Eyewitness News Anchor Ukee Washington! (arriving between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.)
Look who will be here!
- Delaware Museum of Nature and Science (formerly Delaware Museum of Natural History)
- What You Can Do for the Birds with Marian and Rachel
- White Clay Creek State Park
- Blue Hen Birding Club (University of Delaware)
- University of Delaware Entomology Club
- Wilmington Police Department SWAT and K9 demonstration.
- New Castle County Mounted Patrol Unit with two Clydesdales from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Eco Plastic Products of Delaware
- Delaware Bay and River Cooperative (DBRC)
- Delaware Natural Resources Police (Division of Fish and Wildlife)
- Raptor, Grassland, and Forest Bird Biologist (Division of Fish and Wildlife)
- Delaware Center for the Inland Bays
- Delaware Nature Society
- Delaware Mineralogical Society
- Delaware Center for Horticulture
- Delaware Master Gardeners
- Corviforms Art & Kathy Ruck Art
- Paper Hibiscus Art
- Mary Anderson Pottery
- Fairhope Graphics
- Give A Fig Art
- P2 Ware Art Tile
- Ocean Hug Beach Stone Jewelry
Our annual Open House is made possible by local business, corporations, and individuals.
Thank you to the following sponsors
Bald Eagle Partner:
Snowy Owl Partner
Ruby-throated Hummingbird Partner
Northern Cardinal Partner
Blue Hen Car Wash
Windcrest Animal Hospital
Wilmington Animal Hospital
Member of the Flock
Longwood Veterinary Center
Note: Tri-State will continue to monitor COVID developments and will adjust plans to comply with local, state, and federal guidelines in the best interest of the health of our staff, volunteers, and attendees.
Memories from 2019 Open House