Thank you for your interest in Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research
Full time, non-exempt
Part time may be considered
Tri-State is seeking a Development Associate who will report to and support the Development and Marketing Director in development activities to generate revenue for the operation and growth of the organization. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Guide volunteer committees in organizing our three annual fundraising events (open house, yard sale, and benefit) as well as assisting with our annual donor reception.
- Assist in developing three annual fundraising appeals and coordinating logistics (printing, mailing, etc.) with the Marketing Associate and Development & Marketing Director.
- Manage the donor database, including data entry, processing of gifts and acknowledgements, generating renewals, updating records, and performing monthly reconciliations with the accounting department.
- Research and identify potential new donors/funding sources.
- Research and draft grant proposals.
- Cultivate volunteers to assist with development activities.
- Participate in receptions for special visitors as appropriate.
- Possess 1–3 years of fundraising experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with donor management software
Ideal candidate will:
- Have active listening skills
- Be a self-starter and have an eagerness to learn
- Have managed or worked with volunteers
- Have demonstrated success working collaboratively
- Be able to remain calm under pressure and work with a diverse range of constituents
Please send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you would like to work at Tri-State, and your salary requirements to Lisa Smith, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who submit incomplete information will not be considered. For a full job description, click here.
Veterinary Student Externship:
Tristate Bird Rescue (TSBR) is accepting applications from 4th year veterinary students attending veterinary school in the United States for a 3-6 week externship. TSBR has two main programs: 1. a wild avian rehabilitation clinic that admits approximately 3,000 cases per year as well as 2. an oiled wildlife response team. TSBR employs 1 full-time veterinarian. Externs will work closely with the veterinarian to perform the care, treatments, procedures, and husbandry of approximately 5 assigned cases. In addition, the extern will be involved in the admission of new patients; diagnostics such as radiography, fecal examination, and basic bloodwork; surgeries; recheck examinations; avian ophthalmology; and medical record keeping. Applicants must be in their 4th year of veterinary school (or the equivalent) in the United States. Applicants must have completed at least 1 clinical rotation within their school’s hospital prior to the TSBR externship. Interested applicants should email Dr. Cristin Kelley at email@example.com.